“Suit up guys! Because tonight is going to be legen-wait for it-dary” – Barney Stinson (how I met your mother).
He said it right. A perfect suit is all you need to have in your wardrobe. How your suit looks is the first factor of the impression you leave on the other person. Be it for a wedding, a job interview, a family event or regular everyday office, good suit solves everything. EVERYTHING.
But the real struggle is choosing a perfect suit for your body type. It might cost you a little more than what you actually plan, but trust the word, it’s always worth it. It’s more like an investment, a fashion investment.
Right Fit: The suit should fit you right from shoulders, chest, arms everywhere. It should not look like that you borrowed it from a fat friend of yours.
- Shoulders: Whenever you put on a suit, check the shoulder first. It should be hanging or it shouldn’t be too tight. Move your arms upward and forward to check whether you feel comfortable or not.
- Chest: Button up your suit and see if they close smoothly without putting in a lot of force by pulling the jacket. Make sure it gives you enough breathing space because too tight is also a big NO!
- Sleeves: They should just end near your wrist showing of an inch of your shirt.
- Trousers: Make sure you get your trousers perfectly altered according to your body fit. Pair a mid rise trouser with sleek fitting but not too tight not too loose.
Detailing to keep in mind:
- Check the fabric of suit first. It should be light weight so that it is comfortable for you to wear. Run your fingers on the fabric and see if it is soft enough and lightweight.
- Three buttoned suit is the most common and perfect style to opt for. They work perfect for the medium-tall build body. Tip: All keep your last button open, and unbutton all when you have to sit and then button the middle one again when you stand.
- Select the lining of the suit carefully. The fabric should be skin friendly and it shouldn’t show anywhere from the outside.
- Match with solid colour shirts or the ones with patterns on them for variations.
- Accessorise it well with a tie or a pocket square. Don’t forget to wear a belt that should match with the colour of your shoes.
- Explore the colour. Don’t always pick up the cliché black. Choose from shades of grays or blues.
Again, a suit to man is like what diamonds are to women. So, suit up with your favourite from your wardrobe and make it legendary.
Are you too a Suit up Fan?? Check the collection of Passion studios exclusively for you!!